- Monitoring of desiccant dryers for compressed air or plastic moulding equipment
- Moisture measurement in high-voltage switchgear quench gas
- Dew point in natural gas, process and pipeline
- Industrial gas
- Medical gas quality checks
- Dew point measurement in Metallurgy applications
The MDM300 uses Michell's ceramic impedance sensor, which is constructed using state-of-the-art thin and thick film techniques. Operation of the sensor depends upon the adsorption of water vapour into a porous nonconducting "sandwich" between two conductive layers built on top of a base ceramic substrate. The active sensor layer is very thin - less than one micron and the porous top conductor that allows transmission of water vapour into the sensor is less than one nano-metre.
The resulting sensor responds rapidly to changes in moisture - both in detecting moisture and also when being dried. It is very rugged and gives 1°C dew point accuracy coupled with excellent long-term reliability and stability.